Tuesday, July 29

we're all ok


5.4, about 20 miles from me. I'm on the 8th floor of our building, and thankfully (unlike the one in Seattle I experienced) this construction is built to withstand an earthquake. It was a rolling/swaying sensation rather than a jarring/crashing sensation. Quite mild comparitively, but still had my heart racing.

The kitties were wide-eyed and sat staring at me like they were frozen when I went home to check on them at lunch. They were slinking around like they were afraid the ground was going to give-out under them, poor things. Everything in the apartment looked untouched. Nothing out of place: my messes looked just the same as when I left them this morning. ;)


I didn't feel any of the aftershocks, but I guess there were quite a few!

Well, survived my first California quake just fine, thankfully!!

No comments:

Post a Comment