Wednesday, July 9

bear & dallas update

Dallas joined Bear at the vet hospital today. :( while definitely not near as sick as Bear, she was not healing and had some white ooziness from her belly incision and paws this morning.

before I arrived at the office, the dr. who operated on them called me, profusely apologizing for their condition. said she saw Bear this morning and couldn't believe what his paws looked like, and was certain he left their care with the infection...saying he was definitely not in that kind of condition when she examined him post-surgery and has been asking around to figure out where they went wrong. she wanted me to bring Dallas in immediately. I told her it was a good thing she wanted to look at Dallas, because she's definitely not showing signs of the kind of recovery I was told she'd have.

sure enough, she needs antibiotics as well.

I am told both are playing and resting comfortably at this point, eating and running normal temperatures. they have received antibiotics, fluids, and pain med, are wearing those funnel-collar things, and their paws are being washed and cleaned.

the dr. assured me I would not be paying for the treatment of the infections Bear and Dallas incurred on their watch. very good! I've requested the chart histories for both and want to review their boarding stay notes. I'm looking to argue for a refund on the boarding fees, as I suspicion they were neglected during their stay.

I've been sick to my stomach over these poor little guys and very, VERY upset with my vet's office staff. I'm planning on drafting a formal letter about it this week.

thx for your continued prayers! I'll keep you posted.

c

No comments:

Post a Comment