Tuesday, February 12

Moving......again...

So I'm Home again, trying to get the last bit of my Washington apartment packed up and in a storage unit. Yes, I'm living in two places right now...soon to be three from the sounds of it. Work is likely going to ship me to Somewhere Dallas sometime in the coming months. I'm hoping that by the time they say "go!", I'll have all my boxes packed & ready to be shipped. And here I thought it was sad letting go of Home - I'm going to be letting go of my Home (Away from Home) as well!

A few have asked where exactly Under the Stars I am... other than Home, Washington; Sunny City (aka - Home [Away from Home]), California; and Somewhere Dallas, Texas. As you can guess, these aren't the real city names, but hopefully this map gives you some idea of where I'm at most of the time.



And if anyone knows of a great neighbourhood around Dallas to call home, please let me know! I'm presently considering anything under an hour commute from the eastside towns of Dallas.

I think this move will be one of a slightly more permanent nature (something for the next year or so). So...I might be looking at buying a home! ;) We'll see. I think I'll rent first for a while, get used to the area, and then see about buying. I'm also not totally sure if I want to stay in Dallas; there could be a possibility of Austin or, if I could really have my dreams come true, San Antonio.

And yes, it has not even been three (3) months that I've lived in Sunny City...if you can even call it living there, when you're somewhere else for half the month!! Oh well. I'm soaking up every ray of sunshine while I can. BUT...theoretically, when I move to Texas, I may only be a four (4) hour drive from the beaches of Galveston - maybe that's a commute I should consider...... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment