Monday, October 19

on the corner of 8th street... (j/k)

so here's what I came up with! I was going for vintage 40s Hollywood glam vixen starlet pin-up girl: wavy hair ala Veronica Lake (which promptly collapsed about an hour into my five hour event, thank you rain), bright red lips (thank you Connie for making sure I didn't get it all over my teeth!), the back in vogue moon manicure (and here2), as well as sparkly jewels & pearls. Tried to win a gorgeous fur caplet off ebay, but failed miserably (the bidding soared way out of my price range). No worries though; I at least had a luxe velvet stole, which actually worked out just fine.



Big thanks to our local fashionista, Mrs. Gay Dorsey, for forcing me out from behind the camera man for a brief kodak moment myself, and for considering me worthy of her fashion blog! (I stole her picture of me for the bottom left of the above collage.) I wish she would have taken a picture of herself: she looked absolutely perfectly 40s herself. (If you are curious to see more photos from the night, be sure to check out her blog - she has a ton of great ones on there!) And thanks to Dad, as well, for again suggesting I should at least smile one last time for his camera before collapsing into my sweats, t-shirt, and bare feet. LOL

It was all terrific fun!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment