Monday, March 9

taking it to the maxi

I'm on a mission to find a very easy-to-sew pattern (read:  beginner level, not requiring a serger) for making a maxi dress (or grecian dress or sundress)...

The design I'm after:  fitted upper bodice with a sexy v-neck, strappy straps that cross in the back (love that - no slippage!), an empire-like waistline, and fabric that drapes loosely and flows out from my body and down to my toes.

The fabric I'm considering:  cotton jersey knit, or some other very comfortable, breathable, lightweight cotton.

(click to enlarge)

Do you have any tips, hints, links, or pictures of similar dresses you've made for yourself?  Please leave a comment!  

(And who knows - if I get good enough, maybe I'll make one for you as a thank you for your help!)

No comments:

Post a Comment