Friday, March 27

from the kitchen



I've adored the time I've had to spend in the kitchen over the past several months. Plus, having my folks' totally new kitchen to work out of hasn't been all that shabby either!

I'm trying to brush up on my baking skills (which are quite rusty). Unlike cooking (which I find is easier to 'shoot from the hip' with), baking involves much more chemistry and exactness. Beat something too long, get the flour off by just a touch, open the oven door too soon...and poof...a masterpiece is tainted. There have been a number of near disasters, but I guess that's part of the fun of it all. My favorites have definitely been anything sweet. ;)

I can't wait for summer to bring more local fruits for pies! Especially huckleberries...mmmmmmm....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment