Thursday, January 15

new favorite: toothpaste & mouthwash

I used to be a dyed-in-the-wool Crest girl.

But for the past two years I have been on the search for a toothpaste that doesn't leave my mouth full of 'stringy' white pieces.  (If you've ever had this happen, you know exactly what I'm talking about!)  My dentist says it's caused by the tartar control agents in the toothpaste making the skin slough off (ewww!) and to use toothpaste that contains less of those tartar ingredients.

So I've gone through several different varieties, in search of the perfect toothpaste.  Everything from
Colgate to Sensodyne to natural/organic kinds from places like Mother's Market and Whole Foods, all in a vain attempt to find something that doesn't give me such a gross mouth!  Of everything I've tried (up until last night), my favorite's been Nature's Gate Creme de Anise:



But I would still get 'the stringies.'  :(

BUT! after trying a sample from my latest trip to the dentist, I'm hooked on a different brand:  
Biotene!!

I used it for the first time last night, and not only are all the stringies completely gone, but I woke up WITHOUT morning breath!!  (And here I thought morning breath was a given in life?!?!)



I found the full sizes at Target, so I'm sure most any place (Walgreens, CVS, Bartell's, etc.) would carry it.

Seems the product contains enzymes, in place of the usual tartar ingredients, that get rid of the SOURCE of tartar:  bad bacteria.  Also, the mouthwash doesn't contain any
alcohol (an ingredient which has now been linked to oral cancer).  It is so much more tolerable to gargle than Listerene or Scope...not to mention seems to do SUCH a better job and leaves my mouth feeling clean and fresh!!

I give Biotene five stars on the first night.  I'll keep you posted after a solid week!

No comments:

Post a Comment