Monday, March 17

New Favorites

It's official - I've ticked off my back. It is NOT happy with me. After being layed-up in my apartment all weekend (I literally couldn't sit or stand without my back going into fits of hysteria), I decided enough was enough!! It's time for help!! I made it to work, grabbing my back several times through the day & looking at the clock, just hoping time would move faster so I could escape...to my Spa Night.

I had found a nearby day spa with evening hours & very reasonable rates for MASSAGE THERAPY.

After looking over the menu of several massage options, I selected 'deep tissue,' ...and found out shortly that means the massage therapist's goal is to put their fingers & elbows through your back & out the other side, or so their hand is at least wrist deep into your body - whichever happens first. My gal asked me a quarter of the way into my session, politely as she could, 'uh...how long has it been since your last massage?' as she pressed the entire weight of her frame through her elbows into one of the many rocks & twigs that had somehow found their way under my skin. I laughed and said 'Ummm, too long? I can't remember...maybe over 2 years ago. Why, [grimace, flinch, toes curl]...can you tell?' We laughed. I knew I was in rough shape going into the session, but found out in more graphic detail just HOW bad when I had to remind myself to keep breathing through the pain as she worked.

I left in a wonderful fog (a state of relaxation, but quite likely endorphin-enduced!); made the drive safely home (did NOT take the 405 - horrid); ate a fibrous dinner; finished off a large tank of water; pulled out my epsom salt & candles; and will soon be draining what's left of me down the tub.

Oh, it feels so worth every penny; even the detox after-burn & achey muscles are worth it to be able to start feeling like I can move normally again!

So my new favorite thing of the week is this: Spa Night. I've decided it's a must-have. Probably won't always be able to include the knot-pulverizing massage, but I hope to keep up with water jugs, epsom baths, yoga stretches, & my new favorite tea.



Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful you got in for some massage therapy on your back. Dr. Q asked about you yesterday. I am sorry it is still so painful for you. :( Praying for some relief.
    I love you,
    Mom
    P.S. Excited to be seeing you soon. R. will be home too!

    ReplyDelete