Thursday, October 16

uggggg, this economy!!! gotta laugh some how...



A few of you know already, but I guess I may as well tell it to the rest of the world...

I experienced the unemployment line, first hand this week.

The company I workED for in California is struggling to survive in this economy, and began reduction in force restructuring lay offs this week. My position was terminated, while I was at home, horribly ill in bed. I found out via a voice message on my cell phone Tuesday morning. Fantastic, huh? Even more fun, I had to go to the MinuteClinic that evening for antibiotics (ragining sinus infection)...and found out my insurance had already been cut. No COBRA paperwork, no advance notice, no grace period, nothing. The other favorite part of mine is I'm between leases... just signed a new one, with a gal who's expecting me to move in this weekend... and I have to be out of my present apartment by next Wednesday.

And here I was supposed to be in Texas for work this week and at the end of the month again.

For all you who've been kicked to the curb and then had salt poured in your open wounds...I feel your pain.

I'm making decisions minute by minute right now, not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow. It's looking like my most economical decision at this point is turn my RAV North.

I may be home before next weekend.




It's amazing how quickly your entire plans can be changed by the course of events. ...and just when I think I've got things in control...

God reminds me He's got the whole world in His hands.

Be praying for me, if you think of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment