Friday, August 15

officialness

So it's pretty close to official these days... I'm a Californian now (or as close as I'd prefer to come).

My Washington vehicle tabs expired on the 8th, so I had to make an oh-so-fun trip down to the local DMV office to get my plates changed out and my mug shot taken for a new California driver's license. Oh the joys of waiting in line at the DMV!!!

Of course, the online checklist of information I needed to bring with me was insufficeint...and of course the gal behind the counter moved as slow as molasses and treated me like a dipstick for not KNOWING I needed a power of attorney letter from my bank and their tax id info. What the...???

I get the joys of returning for my plates when they are ready, as well as taking the written driving exam in order to get my official CA driver's license.

wooohoooo.

You can take the girl out of the countryside, but you can never take country out of the girl. PacNW or bust!!! One day I'll be back...even if I have to take the long way home.

1 comment:

  1. I hope so!!! Sorry it has been such a hassle just to get your vehicle license. Like I said I hope to see you back in our proximity. I miss you very much!!
    lots of love, hugs and kisses,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete