Tuesday, December 18

San Angelo

Whoever coined San Angelo's catch phrase, "The Place To Come For Good Times," must never have been here!

I'm sitting in the San Angelo airport, waiting for my connection into Houston on my way to Austin. The airport is about the size of HOME's, but slightly more comfortable...and by that I mean it at least has wireless internet. Which is a lifesaveer, too, because I've been stranded here for almost four hours now. I did manage to find a quiet phone corner with some chairs and a wall to lean up against, where I've nappeds, sipped coffee, futzed on my laptop & BB, but generally felt like staring at the floor wishing that I had at ducked into the bathroom and changed out of my suit before I checked my luggage. I want nothing more than to put these heels to rest for the remainder of the day. Well, that and a comfy bed to curl up in.



San Angelo's a whirl-wind work stop on my way to Austin for the 2008 budgets meeting. If you ever stay here, don't bid your room on Priceline. I love Priceline, don't get me wrong. But when it comes to bidding on budget rooms, I've definitely learned not to bid lower than a 3 star, or you get what you pay for ($40/night). Thankfully I only had to stay at the La Quinta for one night. Sketchy. I guess I took one for the team.

I'm looking forward to being in Austin tonight.

More than that, I'm looking forward to being HOME on Sunday!!

Yeaa!! They called for the Houston boarding!! I'm gone...

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Corrie, very cute shoes! :)
    I miss seeing you all dressed up in your high heels! :(
    I want to come visit!
    I love you, big hugs,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Corrie-girl, let's not be diss 'in the HOME Internation airport - I saw a sign it said Wi-Fi hotspot! Love you Sweetpea - looking forward to seeing you. Love DDO

    ReplyDelete